These muffins take a little time to make, especially if you are busy, but they are totally worth it and totally healthy! They make a great breakfast or a great snack before/after working out. I usually make a bunch at once and then freeze them. They are jam-packed with fiber, which will keep you regular, so you could even consider them a detox. The muffin detox? Sounds…weird. 😉 They have tons of Vitamin A, Omega-3 fatty acids and antioxidants, as well, and all three of those are powerhouses for maintaining your skin’s health.
What you need:
1) 1 1/2 cup Tapioca flour
2) 3/4 cup Ground Flaxseed meal
3) 3/4 cup Oat bran
4) 1 cup organic, unrefined coconut sugar
5) 2 tsp Baking soda
6) 1 tsp Baking powder
7) 1/2 tsp salt
8) 2 Apples ( peeled/ shredded)
9) 1 1/2 cup carrots (shredded)
10)1/2 cup dried cranberries
11) 3/4 cup Enriched Quinoa milk
12) 2 Eggs
13) 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
14) I tsp Cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Mix together flour, flax meal and oat bran, coconut sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
3. Stir in apples, cranberries and carrots
4. Mix eggs, milk and vanilla extract
5. Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until smooth and moistened.
6. Fill a greased muffin tin and bake for 15-20 minutes.
7. Eat and enjoy! 🙂