If you are looking for a great Gluten-Free Vegetarian burger recipe that is easy to make, here it is. Trust me, it’s easy. I don’t make anything that’s “hard.” In fact, it takes less than 5 minutes to prepare. Score! 🙂
The below recipe makes about 4 burgers, but you can portion up the batter anyway you like. Some people on diets like to go “mini.”
WHAT YOU NEED:
1) 1 can of red kidney beans ( I use Brad’s brand– healthy and organic.)
2) 2 tbsp gluten-free bread crumbs
3) 1/2 cup organic ground flaxseed
4) 1/4 cup chopped up onion
5) 1/4 cup chopped up garlic
6) 1 egg ( Organic, free-range…you know the drill…)
7) 1-2 tbspns Olive Oil for sauteing.
Mix batter, make into patties and then saute in olive oil. It took me about 8 minutes for one burger to be done to my satisfaction. I ate mine with sugar-free salsa, on a bed of Kale, or you eat it with gluten-free bread. Really, you can eat it anyway you want. I don’t think I have to tell you guys how to eat a burger….
The GREAT thing about this recipe is that it is super high in fiber, low on the glycemic index, and high in omega-three fatty acids. It is also a very low calorie recipe, so feel free to enjoy it while you eat it. 😉